Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
434 Lawton Hollow Road, Middleburgh
The Y House sits on top of a hill in the Catskills with two arms ending in balconies drawing the sun into its heart and illuminating various parts of the entire house at various times of the day. One of world renowned architect Steven Holl's most accomplished works, the Y house, like a primitive forked stick, makes an organic mark on a special site with gorgeous views. The geometry is a reverse of public and private, with bedrooms below and common living space above. The inner sanctum of the structure has a vast hanging space for an art collection framed by windows with unique views. This is classic 21st century luminist architecture that borrows from 19th century luminist painters to blend space and light. Time magazine declared Mr. Holl as America's best architect for his buildings that satisfy the spirit as well as the eye. 33 acres with pond and a boat house with original art on the walls by David Novros. Under 3 hours from NYC and an hour from Hudson.
- MLS® #20192839
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage2,900
- Year Built1998
- Sub-TypeSingle Family
- AmenitiesREC ROOM
- FeaturesCEILING-CATHEDRAL, CEILING-VAULTED, SECURITY SYSTEM
- ParkingDRIVEWAY, OFF STREET, 1-Car
- # of Garages1
- GaragesGarage Detached
- ViewMEADOW, MOUNTAIN, VALLEY, WATER, PANORAMIC
- Lot DescriptionLANDSCAPED, POND, PRIVATE, SECLUDED, SLOPE-GENTLY, WOODED
- ConstructionSTEEL, CONCRETE, METAL
- Address434 Lawton Hollow Road
- AreaOOC - OTHER
- Zip Code12122
- Interior FeaturesSTORM WINDOWS, INSULATED WINDOWS, 9 FT. CEILINGS, SLIDING GLASS DOORS, GAS STOVE CONNECTION, ELECTRIC STOVE CONNECTION, WASHER CONNECTION, GAS DRYER CONNECTION, SMOKE DETECTOR, CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR
- AppliancesDISHWASHER, DRYER, RANGE, REFRIGERATOR, WASHER, WATER SOFTENER
- HeatingFORCED AIR
- FireplacesBRICK, WOOD
- Listing Office:Select Sotheby's Int Realty
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the IDX of the Multiple Listing Service of Ulster County, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Murphy Realty Group are marked with IDX logo and the detailed information about them includes the name of the listing broker.
Copyright © 2019 by the Multiple Listing Service of Ulster County, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.