Ulster County Real Estate - Showing Your Home During The Holidays
With the holidays coming up and your home on the market, will you be ready to show and with last minutes notice? Will you be able to keep your home clean?
Even though the hustle and bustle of the holidays are approaching now is not the time to neglect your home. Buyers aren't going to stop looking at homes this time of year. Make sure your home is ready to show. Some helpful tips.
1. Don't over do it with the holiday decorations. Remember that buyers are interested in seeing the square footage of your home.
2. On the outside of your home a nice wreath on the door will welcome buyers and keep Christmas lighting to a minimal in the front of your home.
3. Christmas decorations indoors should be simple, not overwhelming. Over decorating will take up space and space is what you want to show.
4. The smell of pumpkin pie and homemade cookies baking are a good thing around the holidays. Scented candles are too, but, make sure the smell isn't overpowering.
5. Even though it's the holidays, don't turn away potential buyers from seeing your home even on short notice. You want potential buyers to picture themselves in your home, celebrating their next Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday. That's why it's important to keep your home clean and clutter free.
6. When the holidays are over put away the presents and don't forget to take down the holiday decorations.
If you're thinking about putting your home on the market, or would like more tips & advice, feel free to give me a call:
Want to know your home's value? Click here for a FREE home value report
Whether looking for a new home, a second home, weekender, country retreat..... start your search for Ulster County Real Estate here!