Ulster County Real Estate - Showcase Your Kitchen
My favorite place in the home is the kitchen and as a real estate agent in Ulster County I get to see many. There are cheap and easy things to do to showcase your kitchen without spending a lot of money. Here are some simple tips:
1) Clean out and organize the kitchen drawers, cabinets and pantry. Buyers like peeking to make sure there's enough space.
2) Clear off the counters and store away the counter appliances. If your counter tops have seen better days, replace it with a new laminate counter top.
3) Put a fresh coat of neutral paint on the walls to give the kitchen a brighter and cleaner look.
4) If your cabinets are outdated, try sanding then staining or painting them. It will make them look newer without having to replace them.
5) Or, if your cabinets are in good shape just replace the handles and knobs. It will give your cabinets an updated look.
6) Wash the windows and sills. Dress it up with a simple curtain or valance. Let the sun shine in.
7) Replace outdated kitchen faucets and lighting fixtures. Home improvement stores have plenty of styles at a reasonable price.
8) If the kitchen flooring is worn and torn, replace it with either laminate flooring or a peel and stick vinyl tile. Both are easy to do and affordable.
9) Replace outdated appliances, especially if they're not working efficiently.
10) Lastly, a clean kitchen is an inviting kitchen. Sparkle and shine it.