Top 10 Reasons why to live in Ulster County
1. Saugerties was named one of the Top 10 Coolest Small Towns in America! The NY State Thruway Signs are up, acknowledging Saugerties' designation by "Budget Travel" Magazine.
2.On the morning's "Today" show, Barbara Corcoran includes Kingston (and Portland ME, Tucson, and Trenton NJ) in her list of Best Cities for the new homebuyer.
3. "USA Today" ranks Mohonk Mountain House , one of the Top10 great places to relax your mind and body,also, "Travel and Leisure Magazine" has rated Mohonk's Spa one of it's Top 10 Spas in the Continental US and Canada.
4. Ulster County is just 90 minutes North from New York City and an hour South of Albany.
5. New Paltz is best known around the world for its outdoor attractions, and for good reason. Shawangunk Ridge offers a host of trail options for hikers and bicyclists with some of the best views in the Hudson Valley.
6. "Woodstock" - need I say more.
7. Phoenicia is known as fly-fishing paradise in the trout-filled the Esopus Creek.
8. As the first capitol of New York State, Kingston is known for it's American history: Stone houses, bluestone walkways, and the original NY Senate House.
9. "Business Week" proclaimed Kingston as one of the ‘Best Places for Artists in America’ in 2007.
10. My Top favorite is my Village home in Saugerties. There's nothing like sitting on my front porch swing and enjoying picturesque mountain views, know matter where I look. I love Ulster County. Why would I want to live anywhere else?
Whether looking for a new home, a second home, a weekender, country retreat..... start your search for Ulster County Real Estate here!